Old April 13th 21, 07:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Unlockdown London

In message , at 06:58:52 on Tue, 13 Apr
2021, tim... remarked:

"Recliner" wrote in message
.. .
Today was the day when non-essential shops and outdoor restaurants
could reopen in England. I decided to take an
electric bus along two of the main shopping streets in London to see
if there were returning crowds of shoppers.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72157718923710722

Bottom line: not really, as the absence of foreign tourists is very
obvious. But some shops did have queues outside at
10am.

It took the weekend for my high street to be busy again after the first
lockdown

Not many people are going to take a day off work to go shopping 5 days
earlier, after a wait for 4 months

And in the grand scheme of things, plenty of people do not have a life
where they have to turn up for work on every Monday.

By co-incidence (ie not visiting a business that had just re-opened), I
was out Monday afternoon, and the High Street was pretty busy, with
especially barbers shops looking very full. And a long queue outside a
taxi-office (I suppose people wanting to go back home).