Old April 14th 21, 08:02 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Anna Noyd-Dryver Anna Noyd-Dryver is offline

Default LO lines to be named

Recliner wrote:
Tweed wrote:
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
MB wrote:
On 11/04/2021 11:56, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
Marked spaces and a kerbside supply post.

Often not enough spaces for all residents then you get the complication
if someone else parks in your space so you have park elsewhere.

I wasn't thinking house-specific numbered spaces, but just marked
car-length spaces with a charging point each.

I still want to know what is to be done about cable theft. Presumably
charger cables have some fairly thick copper conductors. I could see
someone with insulated bolt cutters chopping their way down a street of
plugged in cars in the dead of night. Does an alarm go off if the cable is
chopped?

https://www.fleetpoint.org/electric-vehicles-2/thieves-making-200-a-time-stealing-car-charging-cables/

That's talking about whole cables being stolen (presumably to be re-sold
whole) by being unplugged (the're supposed to be locked in to both vehicle
and charger); one of the suggested solutions is a padlock around the cable,
which wouldn't prevent the theft-by-cutting suggested in this thread.

Anna Noyd-Dryver