Old July 24th 03, 09:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nik The Voice Nik The Voice is offline

Default Jubilee line announcer

On 23 Jul 2003 23:01:16 GMT, Robin May
wrote:

For a while now the automated announcer on Jubilee line trains has had
a different voice. Well, partly. The voice that announces the station
you're at and tells you what lines you can change to is different, but
the voice which announces where the train terminates is the same. Does
anyone know the reason for this change? I rather miss the old voice,
the new one sounds like a drunk upper class prostitute (or at least how
I'd imagine one to sound).

Don't know the reason but I have noticed this too.....but I can try &
find out "whodunnit" ! Being in the voiceover business, news tends to
travel quickly!!

Ntv