Old June 6th 21, 03:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] MrSpook_76ir9eqo@70z8.ac.uk is offline

Default Barking Reach

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 07:21:02 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 18:08:07 on Sat, 5 Jun 2021,
Anna Noyd-Dryver remarked:
tim... wrote:

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

According to the new Modern Railways, the existing A13 is going to be
buried as it goes near Barking Reach to create room for more housing.
Meanwhile, the entire new railway to Barking Reach is built on a viaduct.
They say that the water table is pretty high there, but while that would
create problems for tunnelling, I don't think it would be too much of a
problem for cut and cover.

I find it incredible that someone thinks that putting a restricted access
highway in a tunnel is a cost effective way of releasing land for housing

if it was every restricted access road in London could be so re-sited.

But I don't see anyone suggesting that we do this with other roads.

Or even with us putting railways in tunnels so that they can be built on top

of

Gerrard's Cross?

Several London stations, of which Victoria and Liverpool St are probably
the best known. Birmingham New St?

Dalston Junction has a 10-ish story block of flats on top of it now along with
a lot of other housing.