Old July 3rd 04, 08:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David Jackman David Jackman is offline

Default New depot plans not enough to satisfy residents

"John Rowland" wrote in
:

"JWBA68" wrote in message

From Watford Observer July 2, 2004

One resident, who did not wished to be named, said:
"I am amazed the proposals have got to this stage with
it being Green Belt land - why is Three
Rivers District Council prepared to allow this?

I believe the Green Belt does not apply to transport infrastructure,
otherwise the M25 could never have been built.

Wasn't the main reason for the M25 being built on the green belt that the
NIMBYs would never have allowed it to be built anywhere else?