Old July 4th 04, 08:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew P Jones Matthew P Jones is offline

Default 1938 Stock on Uxbridge 100 and T Stock?

wrote on Sun, 4 Jul 2004 -

As someone else on the thread has posted, if a T stock train had run
today that might have been interesting - are any preserved?

--
Matthew P Jones - www.amersham.org.uk
My view of the Metropolitan Line www.metroland.org.uk - actually I like

I don't believe any were preserved Matthew, which is a real shame.

Two motor coaches, 2758 and 2749, were converted during 1961 into a
double-unit sleet locomotive and were numbered ESL118A and ESL 119B and were
based at Neasden. I imagine they've long since been withdrawn but I don't
know for sure. Perhaps one of the 'Underground' readers of the newsgroup
might be able to help.

I think I remember seeing these or something similar parked in the bay
platform at Rickmansworth on some winter mornings in the 1970s. At the
time I wrote to London Transport and they told me they were de icing
trains

--
Matthew P Jones - www.amersham.org.uk
My view of the Metropolitan Line www.metroland.org.uk - actually I like it