Old July 4th 04, 08:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris Chris is offline

Default 1938 Stock on Uxbridge 100 and T Stock?

The Science Museum library has two copies available
http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/library/visitor.asp

Anyone is allowed to go in (it's free but you need to take some ID with
you). It's near South Kensington tube.
Walk up Exhibition road or the subway from the tube. Turn left just past
the Science museum. Follow the footpath in a straight line and it takes you
to the joint Imperial College / Science museum library.

The transport books are on level three near the windows.

Chris

"Russell Wykes" wrote in message

"Matthew P Jones" wrote in message
For those interested I have put some pictures of the 1938 stock at
Amersham when it called as part of the Uxbridge 100 tour. See

http://www.metroland.nildram.co.uk/a...ro/metmisc.htm

Also on the page (top photo) is a picture I have been sent of Amersham
in 1961. Can anyone confirm what type of train is in the picture? Am I
right in assuming it was T stock?

Many thanks

Matthew

--
Matthew P Jones - www.amersham.org.uk
My view of the Metropolitan Line www.metroland.org.uk - actually I like

it
Don't reply to it will not be read
You can reply to knap AT Nildram dot co dot uk

Yes, it's T stock.

The book Steam to Silver, An illustrated history of London Transport

Surface
Railway Rolling Stock by J Graeme Bruce, if you can get hold of a copy,

has
a good description of T stock and its forerunner, MW stock.

Russell Wykes.