Old August 15th 04, 11:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Don't run Announcements

Kat wrote:
In message ,
Edward Cowling writes
snipped

So come on guys, less ******** about water, and more about
real problems !!

I often make announcements about running across the platforms
especially when they may be slippery and walking too near the edge;
it's all part of managing the PTI
However, I wonder how many people actually take any notice.

It would help if more were audible, which they aren't at many stations,
though the new systems are much better, e.g. Earl's Court.

But the main reason why people don't take any notice IMHO is because
there are just too many announcements. It's a continual stream: good
service on all lines don't leave any items unattended no smoking
anywhere on the underground let customers off the train first mind the
gap drink lots of water good service on all lines use all available
doors move right down inside the car this train is ready to depart
please stand well clear of the closing doors mind the doors good service
on all lines ...

--
Richard J.