Old August 15th 04, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default Don't run Announcements

"Edward Cowling" wrote in message
.uk...

"Richard J." wrote in message
But the main reason why people don't take any notice IMHO is because
there are just too many announcements. It's a continual stream: good

"Services on the Victoria line are normal" is my own
favourite. It either means the service is so bad normally
that a decent service requires an announcement, or that
normal service is the long waits we're all used to :-)

The worst though is the North London Line, or Silverlink
as they laughingly call it. Every late train is announced with
an apology..... and most days that's a very long list. I can
see someone taking an axe to the speakers pretty soon.

Aren't trains always 15 minutes apart? In which case a train running 15
minutes late is unnoticable.

--
Everything above is the personal opinion of the author, and nothing to do
with where he works and all that lovely disclaimery stuff.