Old August 27th 04, 10:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jim Brittin Jim Brittin is offline

Default Farringdon Tickets

I occasionally travel from London to St Albans and back on a Saturday.
Having a Freedom Pass, I normally purchase in advance a Boundary Zone 6
to St Albans day return with a Senior Citizen Card discount which costs
£2.20.
A few weeks ago I needed to travel there at short notice when I was near
City Thameslink, but on Saturdays the ticket office there is not open.
Rather than travel through without a valid ticket I detrained at Elstree
& Borehamwood, the boundary station, to rebook and was charged £2.90. I
have never previously found a Boundary Zone 6 station where the actual
fares were different.
Does anyone know whether the LU office at Farringdon can issue Boundary
tickets with Senior discounts?