Old August 31st 04, 11:20 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Reg Mouatt Reg Mouatt is offline

Default Anyone know about Sat Nav - Tom Tom, etc ?

Mike Hughes wrote in message ...
I'm looking to buy a small PDA type sat nav system that is portable and
that I can use for those out of town / suburban runs that I get.

I was thinking about getting Tom Tom Navigator with a suitable iPaq.
Went to look in Halfords who have a Medion System for £350.

Tried Ebay but was totally confused by the various items on sale. I
don't know what I need, only that I don't need the latest all singing
all dancing, but do want something that still has some upgrade life in
it

I am completely illiterate when it comes to PDA's so any advice on the
hardware and software from any one who has experience of these things
much appreciated. Looking to spend as much under £500 as I can.

Mike
P.S. I have the knowledge for central London but need help when I go out
to the suburbs - which is quite often as I work nights.

Hi Mike,
I have recently bought Tomtom Go through Amazon for £425 and highly
recommend it. Details for it are here.
http://www.tomtom.com/products/produ...D=0&Language=1
Not quite the same as a PDA but well worth a look.
Reg