Old July 29th 03, 10:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
umpston umpston is offline

Default Countdown west London

Robert Woolley wrote in message . ..

Report broken Countdown signs to London Buses Customer Services.

020 7918 4040.

Tell them

a) the location of the bus stop

b) the bus stop number (underneath the stop flag)

Rob.

Thanks for this info. Rob - pity it is not shown at bus stops though!

I recently 'phoned the number that DOES appear on bus-stops for
reporting damage to shelters. But they told me they were unable to
accept reports of faulty Countdown indicators since this 'is not
damage'. Having gone to the trouble of setting up this hotline I
think it is pretty poor that their system does not allow this. I'm
aware this contractor is only responsible for providing & repairing
the shelters - but it would have been a very simple thing to forward
my report to the appropriate person at London Buses. And I have
complained about this to London Buses - but had no reply, although the
Countdown has now been fixed at that particular shelter.