Old September 11th 04, 12:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Colin McKenzie Colin McKenzie is offline

Default North Acton petrol station rendered unviable

Jeffrey Asante wrote:
On the front of today’s Ealing Gazette it had a story about the petrol
station and the new road layout. Apparently the owner arrived two weeks
ago for work to find half the road outside the petrol station forecourt
was for buses only. Trade has already dropped by half, about £3000 a
day. Staff have been laid off as well.

I need some petrol. Perhaps I'll see if it's possible to get there at
all. Maybe I'll have to do what I do when I want petrol for the
lawnmower - stuff a can into one of the bike panniers and ride in to
fill it up.

It's slightly different from most highway schemes in that it was done
by a developer's contractors, not the council's. That may have
affected the consultation process. It certainly speeded things up.

Colin McKenzie

--
The great advantage of not trusting statistics is that
it leaves you free to believe the damned lies instead!