Old August 3rd 03, 08:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew Malthouse Matthew Malthouse is offline

Default london bus arrival time estimations (the digital thing at the bus stands)

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 03:22:49 +0100 John Rowland wrote:
} "Robert Woolley" wrote in message
} ...
}
} The system which gives priority to buses at traffic lights
} is being converted from inductive loop/transponder
} technology to beacons progressively.
}
} I wasn't aware such a system existed. When I rode the T4 from Feltham to,
} er, T4, I noticed that no such system was in place, despite having been
} promised in publicity. Where could I see concrete evidence of the system in
} operation? (Not including the bus gate in Claygate, whose bollard and
} traffic lights clearly are controlled by approaching buses.)

On the eastern part of Broadway, Stratford there's a bus lane with
separate lights from the 3 other lanes. It allaows the busses to filter
left (east) before other traffic.

Is that the sort of thing you meant?

Matthew
--
Il est important d'être un homme ou une femme en colère; le jour où nous
quitte la colère, ou le désir, c'est cuit. - Barbara

http://www.calmeilles.co.uk/