Old August 3rd 03, 11:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robert Woolley Robert Woolley is offline

Default london bus arrival time estimations (the digital thing at the bus stands)

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 03:22:49 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

"Robert Woolley" wrote in message
.. .

The system which gives priority to buses at traffic lights
is being converted from inductive loop/transponder
technology to beacons progressively.

I wasn't aware such a system existed. When I rode the T4 from Feltham to,
er, T4, I noticed that no such system was in place, despite having been
promised in publicity. Where could I see concrete evidence of the system in
operation? (Not including the bus gate in Claygate, whose bollard and
traffic lights clearly are controlled by approaching buses.)

Converted sites usually have a beacon 50m upstream of the signals.
The beacon is mounted on a post of its own.

For inductive loop sites, there is no physical evidence.

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk