Old October 31st 04, 11:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Stuart Stuart is offline

Default Missed the bus heading towards Hook?

Paul Terry wrote:
In message , Troy
Steadman writes

Having put the Aces of Spades on the map for a brief moment, perhaps
you can help me solve a mystery. The K1 bus used to do a lollipop
around the Hook Overpass (if I may call it that): if you missed any
bus going towards Hook you could catch it again 2 minutes later at the
opposite stop.

And presumably you mean it was still going towards Hook?

No, the K1 went from Surbiton to New Malden and vice-versa via the Hook
Roundabout which meant that the bus stops just north of the roundabout
(outside Southborough School and the shops nearby) all had both New
Malden and Surbiton bound buses stopping at them.

if you just missed the bus from the stop outside the school you could
still catch it by crossing over the road as it took a minute or so to go
around the roundabout