Old August 3rd 03, 10:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Aysu Tuncel Aysu Tuncel is offline

Default london bus arrival time estimations (the digital thing at the bus stands)

Along the bus route are beacons, as the bus passes these beacons a signal is
transferred from the bus to the beacon then to a central computer then to
the bus stop.
ice
"john" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how the digital displays at some London bus stops work?
The ones that estimate how long the next bus will take to get there? What
kind of connection are they maintaining with the bus etc? I'm very curious
how it works, I haven't seen that before.

any info appreciated,
John.