Old August 5th 03, 05:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default District line, High St Kensington/Earls Court

In article , PhilD
writes
Your conclusion is the same as mine (i.e. why would the scale suddenly
increase again?).

Talking this over with a colleague, we are unable to come up with a
valid reason other than "historical". Even the Cromwell Curve doesn't
produce a good explanation; the measurements would be:

Gloucester Road 45.35
Cromwell Curve North Jn 45.79
Junction with Circle 46.02
High Street Kensington 46.33 (46.35 buffers)

I see you have taken the junction as "correct" and
the platforms as in error. You might be interested to know that the
RCH Junction Diagrams tie up with the figures as you now quote. Is
this the "other source" to which you alude?

Not this time, though it's a source I use from time to time.

Simple geography is an issue here. HSK is a kilometre due north of
Earl's Court, so the kilometrage must be more than that. That makes
45.65 a totally impossible number.

The District WTT gives a distance of 1.26km, giving 45.01 at the
buffers.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: