Old December 14th 04, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default London's closest pair of level crossings?

Paul Terry wrote:
In message , Henry
writes
"Martin Underwood" wrote

Can I ask a supplementary question? Whereabouts in London (or even
in the whole of Britain) is the closest pair of level crossings in
terms of the length of road (not railway) between them? I'm talking
about separate crossings with separate sets of barriers. I can
think of a pair which are very close, but I want to see if you
suggest the same ones.

To kick this one off Martin. There are two in Crawley about 500
metres apart.

I can't imagine that they are the closest though - any better out
there?

Vine Road, Barnes - there's room for only about 6 cars between the
level crossing on the Hounslow loop line and the level crossing on
the Windsor line:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...le=5000&icon=x

Not forgetting the two in Bollo Lane Acton just south of South Acton
station.

http://streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=...=newsearch.srf