Old January 24th 05, 02:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Underwood Martin Underwood is offline

Default Missing men (was London population not increasing)

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
In message , Martin
Underwood writes

When people emigrate (if that is the explanation for the shortfall) is
there
any official record of that fact?

No. Figures for emigration are estimated from surveys. People go abroad
for a visit, like it and stay ... this is much easier for young men
without families, hence that particular demographic shortfall.

Ah. I wasn't sure whether maybe the act of taking up official residence in
another country (which I presume is logged in the country to which you've
emigrated) also generated a corresponding entry in the country that you've
left. Evidently not.