Old February 9th 05, 10:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kevin Davidson Kevin Davidson is offline

Default Tube doors not opening at station

Hello,

Hopefully somebody here can shed some light on this. Earlier this
evening I was on a northbound Northern Line train, wanting to get off at
Golders Green as normal. When the train pulled into the platform, there
was a very brief "beep", but the doors didn't open. After a minute or so
(the amount of time the doors would normally be open) the recorded voice
saying the train was leaving came on, and the train pulled away. There
was no announcement, apology or explanation from the driver at all - it
was if they hadn't noticed that none of the doors opened.

I could see up the length of the train, and it was all the carriages
that were affected by this, not just the one I was in. Quite a few
annoyed people got off at Brent Cross and went straight to the other
side to wait for a train back to Golders.

Any ideas why this would happen?

Cheers,
Kev

--