Old February 11th 05, 02:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

Default Tube doors not opening at station

wrote in message
oups.com...

Barry Salter wrote:
On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 23:44:17 +0000, Kevin Davidson
wrote:

Hello,

Hopefully somebody here can shed some light on this. Earlier this
evening I was on a northbound Northern Line train, wanting to get

off at
Golders Green as normal. When the train pulled into the platform,

there
was a very brief "beep", but the doors didn't open. After a minute

or so
(the amount of time the doors would normally be open) the recorded

voice
saying the train was leaving came on, and the train pulled away.

There
was no announcement, apology or explanation from the driver at all -

it
was if they hadn't noticed that none of the doors opened.

snip

Any ideas why this would happen?

At a guess, the Train Op didn't stop in "just the right place" for

the
train to 'dock' and release the doors, and he or she wasn't paying
attention to the cab display to see that the doors needed to be

released
manually.

Cya,

Barry

--
Barry Salter, barry at southie dot me dot uk
Read uk.* newsgroups? Read uk.net.news.announce!

And how much do these highly skilled, responsible people get paid
again.

Kevin

The driver was too busy laughing at all his money to notice the cattle were
trapped.