Old March 19th 05, 01:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Christine. Christine. is offline

Default For Boltar About The EOR.

In message , Steve Dulieu

Sorry about my ignorance but what is a "Real Man" and what's so
different to driving A60 stock to driving 38 or 62 stock with the flag
up? You can also help my education by telling me what a TEP and a CDU
is? Thank you.

TEP = Train Equipment Panel
CDU = Cab Display Unit

Both perform essentially the same task, allow the driver to switch off
various bits of train equipment, but the TEP gave a much greater degree
of control. It had a button to cut out the rheo for one thing.
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.

A60 stock used on the top of the met, where I doubt train stopping
positions were that critical. 38 stock on the Northern line required a
drivers cab stop over the diamond, with both the front and back of the
train in the tunnel, (don't nit pick about Highgate.). So I ask a
second time, what's this stuff about real men and the A 60 stock?
--
Christine.