Old March 21st 05, 07:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Vernon Vernon is offline

Default Rickshaw Construction

"Martin Smith" wrote in message
k...
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:57:04 -0000, Vernon wrote:
After lots of Googling, have given up!

Can anyone point me in the direction of a web site which shows

mechanical
details of the construction of the cycle based rickshaws (pedicabs?)

such as
are in use in London?

I have a friend in Germany who is trying to build one as a school

project
but he is having problems sorting out some of the details of how the

power
transmission to the rear wheels is arranged.

email me off list and I might be able to get some photos, as I know
a lot of people involved with them, BTW lots are imported from India.

Thanks for the offer Martin, though in fact events have overtaken us.

He contacted me over the weekend to say that he had managed to find a
friendly pedicab rider in Germany and had taken a number of photos himself.

cheers

Vernon