Old April 28th 05, 06:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default [OT?] Building visible from the Heathrow Express

In message , Gnomo
writes
"John Rowland" wrote
Could that be the church of St. Mary, Church Rd., Hanwell?

What is special about it?

... nothing that I know, really - I simply liked the look of the tower
and I'd just like to go and see the building from close up.

There's some information about it at ...

http://www.british-history.ac.uk/rep...p?compid=22345

The current building dates from 1841, but there has been a church on the
site from at least the 12th century.

Perhaps the most significant thing about the church is that it is an
early work of George Gilbert Scott, who later designed the Albert
Memorial, St Pancras Station and Hotel, and the Foreign Office in
Whitehall. He was one of the key figures in the Gothic Revival.
--
Paul Terry