Old May 20th 05, 07:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Countdown overhaul

Great news. It's a shame to have Countdown displays at bus stops that
tell you the next bus is 8 minutes away, whilst your eyes tell you it's
just pulling up at the stop!

I guess this may help the 'behind the scenes' operation of the bus
network in some ways as well. I also hope that once the information is
better we might see Countdown installed at further major bus stops.

The worries over over-reliance on the GPS system are valid - so I
presume/hope that the new Siemens system will work with both GPS and
Galileo. Though sun spots could still knock them both out of operation,
when we might even have to (shock horror) pull the iPod headphones out
and watch and listen for the arrival of a bus the old fashioned way.