Old June 21st 05, 09:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Parking at Cockfosters

PigPOg typed

On 20 Jun 2005 15:40:43 -0700, "Chris!" wrote:

PigPOg wrote:
Can anyone help with a few questions regarding parking at Cockfosters
tube station? I'll be arriving at the station about 4.30pm on a Friday
hoping to return by midnight. I'm off to a concert in Hyde Park.

1. Will I be able to find a space?
2. What are the charges?
3. Is there a time restriction for exit on my return?
4. Or should I not bother and try and park near the venue?

Any advice/suggestions most appreciated.

Where are you driving from? It may be quicker to get the train from
your nearest city?

e.g. Peterborough - Kings Cross - Hyde Park Corner = 44mins + 2 min
walk + 14 mins tube

vs

Cockfosters - Hyde Park Corner = 40 minutes

I'm visting friends nearby that day so Cockfosters seemed to make most
sense.

Anyway, thank you all for your input.

Simon

If your friends are in the London Borough of Barnet, ask them for a
visitor's parking permit. (I think they cost about 35p) Then you can
park there all day...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.