Old August 28th 03, 04:07 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Old LT Garages

In message , rob
writes

"Paul Terry" wrote in message

I'm almost certain that the trolleybus depot was in Shepherd's Bush
Road, next to the old Osram Lamp Factory (now Tesco) facing Brook Green,
and backing onto more LT land (the Hammersmith & City line depot).
There's a picture at http://www.trolleybus.net/resume.htm (scroll down
to the bottom left).

Afraid it wasn't! The old trolleybus depot and adjacent buildings were
located on the east side of the District/Picc. tube station.

Ah, thanks. Presumably the front was facing north onto the Broadway
itself? Looking again at the photo I mentioned I can see that the
traffic island would be one of those that used to run down the middle of
the Broadway.

It occurs to me that what is now the Hammersmith one-way system has had
a trolleybus depot on its north side, bus garages on the south and west
sides, the old Butterwick bus station on the east side and now the new
bus station in the middle. Quite a record!

--
Paul Terry