Old August 27th 05, 12:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Gareth Packer Gareth Packer is offline

Default Piccadilly Line - Emma Clarke Announcements

Erm, sorry, its been a long day... (Yes I know its still the morning...)

I meant the Victoria Line... your absolutely right, the picadilly line
doesnt really have any announcements.. apart from that "Please mind the gap
between the train and the platform"

On the second subject though, the Piccadilly line is getting new 2009-Stock
tube trains in (funnily enough) 2009, which will be based on the 92-Stock of
the Central Line, and the 95/96 Stock of the Northern and Jubilee Lines, so
I wouldnt have thought that much more work by way of refurbishments will be
undertaken on the 72-Stock Trains... could be wrong, since they are also due
on the Victoria Lines around the same time, the only line with outdated
trains I believe will be the Bakerloo line, which is not due new stock until
2019...

But anyway, enough of the tangent, Victoria Line Announcements, can anyone
help?

Thanks
Gareth

"Richard J." wrote in message
. uk...
Gareth Packer wrote:
Morning,

As you will be aware, Emma Clarke is currently the announcer for the
Picaddily Line (also the Central, Bakerloo and Hammersmith and City
lines if i remember correctly)

No, the on-train announcements on the Piccadilly Line were recorded by
an Arnos Grove driver.

Im creating a route for BVE, and short of riding the whole tube
journey, does anyone know where I might be able to download these
samples?

It would be quite authentic not to have the announcements. They don't
seem to be used by the majority of drivers, probably because they cause
the destination displays in the cars to go blank. (Are LU/TubeLines
ever going to cure that?)
--
Richard J.