Old August 27th 05, 04:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default Piccadilly Line - Emma Clarke Announcements

In message , Gareth Packer
writes

I meant the Victoria Line... your absolutely right, the picadilly line
doesnt really have any announcements.. apart from that "Please mind the gap
between the train and the platform"

Actually there is a full repertoire of announcements available (every
station, MTG and quite a few more) but are rarely used as they don't
interface at all well with the in car displays as has been commented
here already.

On the second subject though, the Piccadilly line is getting new 2009-Stock
tube trains in (funnily enough) 2009, which will be based on the 92-Stock of
the Central Line, and the 95/96 Stock of the Northern and Jubilee Lines, so
I wouldnt have thought that much more work by way of refurbishments will be
undertaken on the 72-Stock Trains... could be wrong, since they are also due
on the Victoria Lines around the same time, the only line with outdated
trains I believe will be the Bakerloo line, which is not due new stock until
2019...

Don't know where you get the idea we're getting some 2009 (would be 09TS
surely!) stock on the Piccadilly. Apart from the fact we don't
currently have any 72TS to replace, we've been told to expect new trains
in around 12 years.