Old August 28th 05, 10:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Terry Harper Terry Harper is offline

Default Commuting from London to Oxford for Work

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 18:12:17 +0100, "Martin Underwood"
wrote:

Driving into Oxford is horrendous. Is your friend working in the centre of
Oxford or on the outskirts. There are bus lanes down the Banbury and (I
think) Woodstock roads from the north, using the Peartree or Water Eaton
park and ride buses. I think the London Road (A40) through Kidlington has
bus lanes in places, but they are certainly not along the whole length;
that's accessible via theThornhill P&R buses.

I've seen Oxford Tube and Oxford Citylink coaches using Headley Way on
occasions, presumably going to Summertown and then down the Banbury
Road, to avoid congestion, or else down Marston Road to St Clements. I
don't know how regular this is, but it was a couple of years ago..
--
Terry Harper
Website Coordinator, The Omnibus Society