Old October 11th 05, 04:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sir Benjamin Nunn Sir Benjamin Nunn is offline

Default Thomas Goes Underground

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message

I like the idea of the "personalities" for each line. Other ideas could
include:

Northern (flat cap wearing Rugby League fan)

Metropolitan (suburban-dwelling businessman)

There could be an ongoing cultural rivalry between the two:

'By 'eck, if it isn't t'Metropolitan Line, with his flash Southern crimson
****e. When I were a lad, workin down t'pit...',

'Oh please, you uncultured provinical oik. I've been an audio conferencing
with the Picc all morning, and Bzzzt, guess what, I don't have a window for
you right now. Here, try some roquette salad',

'Pffttt, in my day all we 'ad to eat were t'whippets an' coal, and we were
grateful for that an' all'

etc.

BTN