Old October 11th 05, 05:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Thomas Goes Underground

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 23:05:14 +0100, Ian Jelf
wrote:

In message .com,
Neillw001 writes

Get ready for another tidal wave of overpriced merchandise. Good job I
haven't got kids.

I like the idea of the "personalities" for each line.

District Line?
Central Line?

To me, the Central is the Essex line, so an estuary-mouthed wideboy.

I don't have a clear mental image of the District; it's the southwest
London line, and i don't know southwest London at all well. Leafy. A bit
slow. Well spaced out. Ah - a dope-addled hippie? That would explain the
reliability of the trains ...

Hammersmith & City line?

tom

--
Buy the kind of capitalism Trotsky would have!