Old November 8th 05, 12:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default First Class in the South East

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 22:41:57 +0000, Arthur Figgis
] wrote:

Passengers are more likely to get a seat if they pay for first. In
some cases, first class may technically not exist when the trains are
being used on suburban routes.

Yes, that's an interesting point. The train I get to work on a Friday
(runs Victoria to London Bridge via Crystal Palace) is formed of
ex-Brighton Express stock (complete with First Class seating) but
AFAIK there are no first class fares available along that route, and
certainly not for my part of it.

Does that, therefore, mean that I am entitled to sit in the "First
Class" area with my Z1-3 Annual?

And what about on trains between London Bridge and Charing Cross that
have an origin/destination where first class fares are available?

--
James Farrar
. @gmail.com