Old November 8th 05, 02:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Paul is offline

Default First Class in the South East

Paul Terry wrote:
In message .com,
Andrea writes

Just what is the logic behind offering First Class on suburban routes
in the London metropolis?

In the case of SWT, there is a distinction between true suburban routes
(the Hounslow and Kingston loops, for example) and semifast outer
suburban routes, such as the Windsor line, where there are a limited
number of inner London stops. First class is usually provided only on
the latter - presumably because there is a demand for it.

Funny you should mention the Windsor line. The Windsor & Eaton train
via Whitton I get each morning & evening has a first class carriage, but
there is no first class service available on the train. So anyone can
sit in 1st class, but I think most people don't know this...

--
Paul