Old December 1st 05, 07:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Watford Jnct - Euston on Virgin rather than Silverlink

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 18:19:54 +0000 (UTC), "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Newbie question, if I buy a season ticket or even a day return from
Watford Junction to Euston and a Virgin train comes along can I use
that to get to Euston quickly or is that not allowed - do I have to use
Silverlink?

And even if it's not supposed to happen, do people do it?

The timetables for VWC show that trains are set down only southbound and
pick up only northbound at Watford Junction, which confirms your assumption
that you are supposed to use Silverlink.

Indeed. You'll find that southbound trains won't be announced on the
departure screens at Watford Junction, while northbound trains at
Euston won't be advertised as stopping at Watford Junction.

Whether or not this rule is strictly enforced I will leave for others

Apparently, if your ticket is checked you may be charged the full
Standard Open single fare (in the southbound direction) from the last
station where you could have "legally" boarded the train (i.e. the
last place the train called to pick up), or (in the northbound
direction) to the first stop where the train calls to set down.