Old September 11th 03, 08:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Henry Littleton Henry Littleton is offline

Default Virgin acceptance of Silverlink tickets London-Bham

According to the Nationalrail site and Ceefax:

"Virgin West Coast, Thameslink, Chiltern Railways, Midland Mainline
and Central Trains will accept Silverlink County tickets where
appropriate."

So, can I buy a *Silverink only* First Open Single from Euston to
Birmingham New Street tomorrow morning at 39 (half the cost of the
Virgin FOS) and travel in First Class with Virgin (and get the
complimentary food/drink too)?

All I know fur sure is that Virgin are accepting Silverlink dedicated
tickets but it fails to mention if they are valid in the same class of
travel. Can anybody confirm?