Old September 11th 03, 11:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Oldham Andrew Oldham is offline

Default Virgin acceptance of Silverlink tickets London-Bham

"Peter Smyth" wrote in message

"Phil Richards" wrote in message
On 11 Sep 2003 13:30:02 -0700 Henry Littleton
said...

So, can I buy a *Silverink only* First Open Single from Euston to
Birmingham New Street tomorrow morning at £39 (half the cost of the
Virgin FOS) and travel in First Class with Virgin (and get the
complimentary food/drink too)?

If at the time you tried to buy your cheaper Silverlink ticket they were
not providing a service all the way through to Birmingham you probably
won't get sold one...

However you could buy it from QJump and collect it from the ticket machine

at
Euston.

Ironically QJump still seem to be selling Silverlink dedicated tickets for
travel on (what we all know to be) non-existent Silverlink County services!
I wonder what happens if somebody books one of these, arrives at
Euston/Birmingham after collecting it, then gets told they are invalid and
have to pay an extra few £££s for travel with Virgin? Chiltern are
apparently accepting tickets, and even if not, they do have a great value
'Just 15' offer right now - walk-up £15 return tickets to Marylebone after
11am. People complaining about having to pay the £95 Virgin fare should
head upto Moor St or Marylebone for a much cheaper fare and more comfortable
trains!