Old February 26th 06, 08:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default FREEDOM PASS

Barry Salter wrote:
On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 16:22:51 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

barry.irwin1 wrote:
I GOT MY NEW FREEDOM PASS,,, VALID UNTIL MARCH 2010

www.freedompass.org says they are valid for two years until March
2008, or perhaps that's just the renewed ones. Is this your first
one or have you just renewed the old one?

Whilst the validity on the pass itself says 2006 or 2008, I think I'm
right in saying that the actual *card* has the expiry date encoded as
31st March 2010. Why this is, I'm not entirely sure, but there you
go...

That would mean that if you forgot or were not able to renew it, it
would still work for a time, which is friendly. Presumably they could
centrally block all cards that hadn't been renewed after, say, a month.
If you travel on an electronically valid card that says 31 Mar 2006, can
you get penalty-fared?
--
Richard J.