Old March 8th 06, 09:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default TfL / NLL / Metronet surface stock / tube stock / Croxley link

John B wrote:

I don't get this - it would involve replacing a sizeable % of the core
Metropolitan Line service into Baker Street with tube-guage stock,

I was referring to Bakerloo not Metropolitan.

BTW, I thought Bakerloo-taking-over-DC-lines thing was pretty much a
done deal, rather than a big if?

Perhaps I have mis read other discussions but I thought I had
understood it was what forums were suggesting rather than whats
happening.

I won't mention the impact of Movia three phase motors on the existing
NLL DC power supply ... oops ...

Oh, go on... is this a serious issue? Would it mean a Southern Region
style gazillion pound power upgrade?

I thought I'd throw it into the fire to see what happened.

The problem will be the same - you are replacing DC motors with
asynchronous AC motors so there will be the same higher average
current and higher I-squared-R heating problem but lower starting peak
current. To what extent LU is already capable of dealing with this ...
over to the traction engineers.

--
Nick