Old March 8th 06, 09:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default TfL / NLL / Metronet surface stock / tube stock / Croxley link

Nigel Pendse wrote:

What sort of traction do other recent Tube stock builds have (ie, 1995/6
and 1992 stocks)? In particular, the 1992 stock has very dramatic
acceleration, while the A60s are extremely leisurely.

C line DC motor with DC chopper [92 stock]
J line AC motor with GTO [96 stock]
N line AC motor with IGBT [95 stock]

95 stock being newer than 96 stock has IGBT gubbins instead of GTO.

All other tube lines and all surface lines are camshaft / contactor /
DC motors (apart from odd experiments all of which I think have
ceased).

So a rough analogy is 92 stock is like main line 317/319/321
generation, 95/96 like Electrostars and Desiros, and the rest are like
Mk.1s. (I said *rough* - cue pedants to list all anomalies exceptions
corrections and omissions.)

--
Nick