Old April 10th 06, 11:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default red route fine problem

Neil wrote:
I was on a red route when a parking bloke started writing out a
ticket.He was working for Transport for London..don't know if he's
an attendant or an officer.

Why do you believe he was working for TfL? According to
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/streets/about/...es-rules.shtml ,
"The Metropolitan Police Traffic Warden Service is responsible for
patrolling Red Routes."

Anyway, i drove off before he could put a ticket on my screen.I
have now got the reminder to pay.
I know they HAVE to fix it to the screen for it to be legal.

That's true only for Parking Attendants acting on behalf of local
councils. Police Traffic Wardens do NOT need to fix the ticket on the
vehicle. Under the different regulations that apply to them, you can be
notified by post.

Do they carry cameras with them.? If I ask for proof of a photo
with the ticket affixed (which they clearly can't produce) will this
be enough toget off the charge? Or do i just pay to save the aggro?

Pay up. You parked illegally on a red route.

please reply to (leave out the
"nospam" part)

If you post here, you get replies here.
--