Old April 16th 06, 05:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael Hoffman Michael Hoffman is offline

Default Thames Barrier

Steve wrote:
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 00:16:29 +0100, Michael Hoffman wrote:

I see the Thames Barrier has several closures scheduled throughout this
year, but only one of them is a "full tidal closure." Is it worth trying
to go during the full tidal closure, or will I not notice the difference
going some other time?

Is "go" by land or water?

The river is likely to be closed for some distance around it during a
closure, so no trips are likely to run. 3 or 4 sections are often set
closed so the effect is visable on the greenwich-barrier-greenwich trip at
any time.

I just want to see the Thames Barrier at some point, and want to know
when the best time and manner to do so is. Do you suggest going by water
instead?
--
Michael Hoffman