Old April 28th 06, 05:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.local.london
Scooter Scooter is offline

Default Freedom passes unchecked

"Scooter" Scooter @ Hooter wrote in message ...

"Tristán White" wrote in message . 109.145...
"Richard J." wrote in news:3Mr4g.60971$wl.47175
@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

All the driver needs to do is to ask to see the photocard. The Freedom
Pass is not valid unless the photocard is carried with it and bears the
same name as the pass. Drivers should not, in my view, get involved in
questioning passengers about their disabilities.

But they question passengers about their age! Why shouldn't they question
them about their disability, if they appear to be completely of sane body
and mind?

It's not as though fraud is not happening on a massive scale!

Anyway, in the cases I've mentioned, the driver did not ask to see the
photocard even.
What's in it for the driver?even if the passenger is fiddling his freedom pass,probably a smack in the face or worse,let Ken Nazi reinstate bus conductors.