Old April 28th 06, 06:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.local.london,uk.transport.buses
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Freedom passes unchecked

In message , Helen Deborah
Vecht writes

Forgery or theft are beyond a driver's job to detect, but checking
Photocards is simple enough.

But do bus drivers have the power to demand to see a photocard? They are
conventionally required to be shown to revenue inspectors and station
staff - and, in some cases, when buying a ticket - but I haven't yet
seen any evidence that drivers are empowered to demand to see them.

I could be wrong (having not researched far), but the Oyster reader in a
bus seems to be much like the one in a tube station - if the pass is
valid it doesn't go on to ask to see a photocard before letting you
through.

--
Paul Terry