Old June 9th 06, 12:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Heather Peter Heather is offline

Default Woolwich Ferry question

Helen Edith Stephenson wrote:
It seems that every year, about this time of the year, the Woolwich
Ferry visits the Upper Pool of London. Here are this year's Tower Bridge
lift times:

Sat 22 Jul 16:30 Woolwich Ferry Up
Sat 22 Jul 17:00 Woolwich Ferry Down
Sun 23 Jul 18:30 Woolwich Ferry Up
Sun 23 Jul 19:00 Woolwich Ferry Down

Does anyone here know why the Woolwich Ferry ventures so far upriver?

Helen

Helen Edith Stephenson helen at baronmoss dot demon dot co dot uk
--
(I'm sure you can figure out what I mean!)
http://www.wuronga.me.uk/helen/

The crew, at their own expense, borrow one of the boats and take a
party of disadvantaged/disabled kids on a river trip to Tower Bridge
and back. It's not publicised and isn't a TfL sponsored jolly (TfL just
lend them the boat). The crews have been doing it in their own time for
years.

Peter