Old June 9th 06, 09:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Edith Stephenson Helen Edith Stephenson is offline

Default Woolwich Ferry question

In article om, John
B writes
Helen Edith Stephenson wrote:
I don't know what my plans for later in July will be yet, although I've
got an idea that I'm deputising for an absent bassoonist

This is, perhaps, the best excuse I've ever heard.

It's also true! I used to play regularly with the Beckenham Concert
Band, and have recently filled in when the current regulars in the
bassoon section can't do a particular concert.

http://www.beckenhamconcertband.com/ and click on "Engagements" - that's
Sunday 23rd July all booked up:-)

[It's also straying off-topic for a transport group, although I could
add that there's a railway station at Knockholt if anyone wants to know
what public transport is available to get you this concert:-) I'd
imagine that most of the audience will be local people.]

Regarding the Woolwich Ferry, I might try to get up to town on Saturday
22nd for a look-see, but I don't make promises about booking up both
days in the same weekend as I need some purely downtime owing to a
health problem.

Helen

Helen Edith Stephenson helen at baronmoss dot demon dot co dot uk
--
(I'm sure you can figure out what I mean!)
http://www.wuronga.me.uk/helen/