Old September 26th 03, 06:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster=Big Brother ??

In message , Roger the cabin boy
writes
Anyway why are people
moaning, the idea initially was cause people were moaning that they had to
take the tickety out of their little wallety

What is the range of the Oyster Card? I saw an advert for it yesterday
where it was claiming "no more fumbling for your ticket", and then
pictured a fumbled-out oyster card held right on top of the reader.
Having to get the ticket out of your pocket seems to me to mean just as
much fumbling as before. Leaving it in my wallet means getting out the
wallet (which for me is more of a fumble than getting a paper ticket out
of my top pocket), and will encourage muggers.