Old June 14th 06, 12:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Duncan Duncan is offline

Default FCC compensation for days of disruption Bedford to Brighton line

In article ,
says...
Extract from letter to FCC re the above:

"I am writing to you because I believe FCC owes me some compensation for
delays to your services on 21 and 27 April.
I put in two claim forms on 27 April at my home station of St Albans. I also
e-mailed you about the delay on the same date.
On 17 May I received a letter from you stating that you are "unable to
compensate" me under the FCC Delay Repay Scheme. This may be strictly
speaking correct, but surely you can compensate me under some other scheme?
A scheme set up by yourselves for your customers who are still Thameslink
ticket holders, for example?

From the FCC Passenger Charter:
(
http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/pages/about-
us/commitment/FCC_Passenger_charter_22_03.pdf)

-----
"Please note: if you have a monthly or longer season ticket that was
purchased before 1 April 2006, the terms of the Passenger=3Fs Charter
which applied at the time you bought your ticket continue to apply.
This means that:
=3F If you choose to renew your season ticket and a discount is
applicable because of poor punctuality and/or reliability, we will still
give you that discount based on the Passenger=3Fs Charter which
applied to your season ticket prior to 1 April 2006 on the first
occasion you do so after 1 April 2006. The compensation
parameters for the previous operators, Thameslink and WAGN, are
shown below in sections 6.3.1 and 6.3.2 and are direct extracts from
their Passenger=3Fs Charters, further information may be obtained from
our customer relations department; and
=3F The =3FDelay Repay=3F scheme described above will not apply to you
until after you have renewed your season ticket for the first time after
1 April 2006."
-----

Therefore if you are holding a WAGN issued season ticket, you are not
entitled to compensation for individual delays as FCC issued season
ticket holders are. Your compensation will be received when you renew
your season ticket if the punctuality and reliability targets have not
been achieved. Again from the FCC Passenger Charter:

-----
"6.3.2 Previous operator, WAGN
Customers with season tickets valid for one month or longer:
Compensation is dictated by the service standards we have achieved
during the previous 12 months and how these compare to the
Performance Threshold for your service group.
Performance Threshold:
=3F Punctuality is 3% below the standard I.e. 88% over the previous
12 months; or
=3F Reliability is 1% below the standard I.e. 98% over the previous
12 months.
When you come to renew your season ticket, if in the previous year for
your
own service group, we failed to achieve one of the published Performance
Thresholds, we will give you a discount of 5% off your next ticket.
If we failed to achieve both Performance Thresholds, we will give you a
discount of 10% off your next ticket. These discounts apply only to
tickets
renewed when the standard achieved is below the Performance
Threshold. To qualify for a discount, you must renew your season ticket
within four weeks of the expiry of the old one, it must be for the same
journey, and be for the same or a shorter period."
-----

Duncan