Old September 28th 03, 11:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving
AstraVanMan AstraVanMan is offline

Default M4/A4 Chiswick some time last week

I forget exactly what day it was, but in the afternoon rush hour there was
massive jams on the M4 heading into London, which I got stuck in. Somewhere
between J3 and J2 I heard on the traffic news that the Eastbound A4 was
closed at Sutton Court Road, so I came off onto the A205, around to the
A316, back in on that, over the flyover at the Hogarth roundabout, and then
it was fine all the way into London. But as I was sitting in a queue
getting up to the Chiswick roundabout, the next traffic report said nothing
about the A4 being closed at that point. Maybe they'd re-opened it by then
(can't remember exactly what time, but it would have probably been between
5:30pm and 6pm). I knew I'd made the right decision to come off at J2 as I
looked up at the flyover and it was at a complete standstill.

Anyway, just wondering what caused the A4 to be closed, and how long it was
closed for, and where the hell were they diverting traffic??? Up round the
back of the Porsche garage, onto Sutton Court Road into Grove Park, and back
onto the A316??????

Peter